by Fluff’s Beauty Editor, Owner, Educator and Blonde Enthusiast and Expert, Brittany
Blonde hair is a classic and timeless and never goes out of style. Many people are interested in achieving the perfect shade of blonde, whether it’s a cool ash blonde or a warm honey blonde. However, achieving the perfect shade of blonde can be a challenge, especially if you don’t have the right knowledge and tools. That’s why we’ve put together this ultimate guide to achieving the perfect shade of blonde, with tips and tricks from Fluff Salon in Denver, downstairs at our Color and Balayage Salon concept.
Choosing the Right Blonde Shade for Your Skin Tone
Choosing the right shade of blonde is crucial for achieving a natural and flattering look. The first step in choosing the right blonde shade is to determine your skin tone. There are three main skin tones: cool, warm, and neutral.
- Cool skin tones: If you have cool undertones, your skin will have pink or blue undertones. The best blonde shades for cool skin tones are platinum, ash blonde, and icy blonde.
- Warm skin tones: If you have warm undertones, your skin will have yellow or golden undertones. The best blonde shades for warm skin tones are honey blonde, golden blonde, and caramel blonde.
- Neutral skin tones: If you have neutral undertones, your skin will have a combination of pink, blue, yellow, and golden undertones. The best blonde shades for neutral skin tones are beige blonde, champagne blonde, and golden blonde.
It’s important to choose a shade that complements your skin tone to avoid looking washed out or unnatural.
How to Prevent Brassiness in Blonde Hair
Brassiness is a common issue for those with blonde hair. Brassiness occurs when blonde hair turns yellow or orange, giving it an unnatural and unflattering look. Fortunately, there are several ways to prevent brassiness in blonde hair. At Fluff we use high-end Italian hair color, which makes a lot of difference. You can read more about Italian hair color in our hair blog here.
- Use a purple shampoo: Purple shampoo contains purple pigments that neutralize yellow and orange tones in blonde hair. Use a purple shampoo once a week to prevent brassiness.
- Avoid chlorine: Chlorine can cause blonde hair to turn green or yellow. Wear a swim cap or rinse your hair with fresh water before and after swimming to prevent damage.
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling can cause blonde hair to become dry and brittle, which can lead to brassiness. Use a heat protectant spray and avoid excessive heat styling to prevent damage.
Does Blonde Hair Require Special Care?
Blonde hair can be more delicate than other hair colors, so it’s important to take extra care to keep it healthy and shiny. Here are some tips for maintaining blonde hair:
Use sulfate-free shampoo
Sulfates can strip the hair of its natural oils, which can cause blonde hair to become dry and brittle. Look for a sulfate-free shampoo that is specifically designed for blonde hair.
Blonde hair can easily become dry and damaged, so it’s important to condition it regularly. Look for a conditioner that is specifically designed for blonde hair and contains ingredients like keratin and jojoba oil, which can help to strengthen and hydrate the hair.
Use a toning shampoo
If you notice your blonde hair starting to look brassy or yellow, a toning shampoo can help. Look for a purple or blue-toned shampoo, which can help to neutralize any unwanted yellow or orange tones.
Protect from heat styling
Heat styling tools like flat irons and curling irons can damage blonde hair, so it’s important to use a heat protectant spray before styling. This can help to prevent breakage and keep blonde hair looking healthy.
Caring for blonde hair is essential for maintaining its color and health as is trusting only highly-qualified professionals, as you’ll find at Fluff with your blonde tones. Blondes are a speciality and not all hair professionals are blonde experts!
My final thoughts on a topic I love…
Blonde hair is a timeless and classic look that never goes out of style. Whether you’re looking for a cool ash blonde or a warm honey blonde, there are endless options to choose from. With the right shade, the right care, and the right products, you can achieve the perfect shade of blonde and keep your hair looking healthy and shiny. If you’re considering going blonde or are already a blonde, make sure to visit the Fluff’s Color and Balayage Hair Salon in Denver for expert advice and high-quality hair care services.
You must be logged in to post a comment.